Providing Support for Relief and Rebuilding Efforts
September 20, 2017
Keene, N.H. -- C&S Wholesale Grocers, Inc., its employees, family of companies, and business partners responded quickly after Hurricanes Harvey and Irma and their back-to-back destruction, particularly in Texas and Florida.
The company’s generosity took shape in several ways:
- Employee Donations and Corporate Match
- In response to offers of help, C&S launched WE STAND WITH TEXAS, a campaign to collect donations from employees across its family of companies: C&S, ES3, Hansen Distribution Group, Grocers Supply, Davidson Specialty Foods, FreshKO, and Symbotic.
To inspire participation and pledges, all donations were matched dollar-for-dollar by the company and will be directed to three organizations:
- American Red Cross: providing clean water, safe shelter, and hot meals
- United Way of Greater Houston: focusing on immediate and long-term disaster relief
- Friends at C&S: offering financial assistance to employees in need
- C&S made financial contributions specific to Hurricane Irma response and recovery to the American Red Cross, the United Way Disaster Relief Fund, and Friends at C&S.
- Food and Water
- In partnership with Feeding America, C&S and Grocers Supply donated more than 7,838 tons of water and food, including high-demand items such as canned fruit and vegetables, juice, cleaning supplies, and batteries.
- To help vulnerable children, product donations were made to the Texas Diaper Bank and to the Ronald McDonald House in Houston.