Providing Support and Food to Puerto Rico and to California
October 23, 2017
Keene, N.H. – In response to the devastation in Puerto Rico caused by Hurricane Maria and by the wildfires in California, C&S Wholesale Grocers has offered support in multiple ways. The company stepped up generously with corporate contributions and donations of high-demand items.
C&S made corporate contributions to:
- Banco de Alimentos de Puerto Rico (Food Bank of Puerto Rico)
The food bank supports 110 agencies including food pantries, soup kitchens, and homeless shelters across the entire island and is a member of the Feeding America network.
- Hispanic Federation
The Federation’s UNIDOS Disaster Relief Fund will help meet hurricane-related needs and recovery in Puerto Rico.
- United Way de Puerto Rico
The United Way will focus on medium- and long-term rebuilding.
C&S also donated water, food, and other items to help people in Puerto Rico, in partnership with:
- Feeding America, for the Food Bank of Puerto Rico (approximately 155,000 lbs.), via container ship
- Associated Supermarket Group, one of our customers, to be delivered by them via container ship (approximately 19,000 lbs.)
- To assist in California with the response to the deadly wildfires, C&S has donated snacks and other easy-to-eat foods to:
- The American Red Cross, for families in shelters, disaster workers, first responders, and for volunteers (approximately 11,000 lbs.)