Requests to C&S for support are only accepted electronically.
- New Application
If you would like to start an application for a Mini Grant please click here to take the eligibility quiz. After passing the quiz, you will have access to the online application form.
- Continue Application
To continue a previously started application, or to access an application submitted in the past, please click here: Mini Grant
To improve your chances of a positive response to your request, please review the following guidelines:
- C&S invests in nonprofit groups and organizations with 501(c)(3) designation by the Internal Revenue Service.
- Please focus on at least one of our core initiatives: Hunger, Children and Community, Environment, and Volunteerism/Service.
- Your request should address specific issues, community-wide concerns, and have measurable results.
- Organizations must have two years of direct service experience prior to applying.
C&S does not fund:
Religious Organizations and Houses of Worship*
National health organizations and statewide/regional branches of national health organizations
Fraternal organizations (such as The Elks or Masons) or political organizations
Mass mailing appeals
Organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, ethnicity, or sexual preference
Sports teams (other than youth-focused)
United Way member agencies** (with the exception of those that focus on hunger)
* If a religious organization coordinates an emergency food pantry that is located in a house of worship and makes the food available to people of all faiths, they may apply for a Mini Grant.
** C&S makes significant donations to the United Way by matching our associates' contributions dollar-for-dollar. Community kitchens, food shelves, soup kitchens and other local hunger groups that are UW agencies are invited to apply for cash Mini Grants of up to $1,000. All other types of United Way agencies are invited to request product only.
For guidance, visit our Frequently Asked Questions section.
To apply for a print donation, please click here.