In response to the devastation in Puerto Rico caused by Hurricane Maria, C&S Wholesale Grocers has offered support in multiple ways. The company stepped up generously with corporate contributions and donations of high-demand items.
C&S made corporate contributions to:
- Banco de Alimentos de Puerto Rico (Food Bank of Puerto Rico)
- The food bank supports 110 agencies including food pantries, soup kitchens, and homeless shelters across the entire island and is a member of the Feeding America network.
- Hispanic Federation
- The Federation’s UNIDOS Disaster Relief Fund will help meet hurricane-related needs and recovery in Puerto Rico.
- United Way de Puerto Rico
- The United Way will focus on medium- and long-term rebuilding.
C&S also donated water, food, and other items to help people in Puerto Rico, in partnership with:
- Feeding America, for the Food Bank of Puerto Rico (approximately155,000 lbs.), via container ship
- Associated Supermarket Group, one of our customers, to be delivered by them via container ship (approximately 19,000 lbs.)